Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our Busy Halloween

Let me just start by announcing that Noel has gotten his first... and second tooth. They both came in this week one right after the other. This toothless smile will soon be replaced by a two toothed one. He is sitting up and rolling all over the place. Sometimes I wish I could freeze time and these beautiful children of mine would just stay little - but then I think about the possibility of having to nurse or change diapers for eternity and that I would probably go crazy if that were the case - I quickly let go of that daydream. Does anyone think that my baby boy looks a bit like Brett Favre or older Brett Favre? I heard that the other day, but I'm not convinced.


It's not pretty, I know. But this is how I found our little girl after snacking on Halloween candy the day after Halloween. This is totally gross, but my girl loves to chew on things and then spit it out. Those are Skittle remnants on her tray there. So I guess the chewiness of the Skittles were just too much for her... But she has had trouble taking naps lately. I made a deal with her that she can sleep with her doll as long as they really take a nap. If I hear any loud noises, the doll goes in her own dolly bed. I'm a mean mommy, I realize, but yesterday and today it worked. We'll see if that lasts.




Claire in her monkey suit gearing up for the big day.



Thursday.... This is Claire with her "preschool group". I hosted their Halloween party and they decorated cupcakes. They were so well-behaved, I was amazed! And clean-up as not as bad as it looks. For some reason I get really stressed out when it's my turn to host "pre-school". It only comes up once a month but when its my turn I kind of freak out a bit the night before especially. This time, I planned a ton of little things to keep them busy and engaged. We had those little monster sponge capsules that get big in water. We read a monster counting board book together (they were only $1 at Target, so I got them each one so they could all read their own). We had snack time outside on the balcony so Noel could take his nap in peace. It worked! We decorated cupcakes and made Ghost paper bag puppets. Then the moms came to pick them up a bit early and they went trick or treating around our apartment. It was a fun-packed morning for all of us. I really enjoyed it and was so releaved that it had gone well. I only wish that I would have gotten a picture of them all in their costumes.


Friday morning, we went to Round Rock's Halloween Party at Old Settler's Park. It was so crowded, we didn't stay long, but they had a ton of games, story time, and snacks and prizes.
This is us Friday night at the Trunk or Treat. Claire was a Monkey and Noel was a banana. I thought that Aaron was having trouble fitting us all into this shot so I'm squatting - oh so flattering...


Here's another one of my cute little man and my cute hubby. I keep trying to get shots of Noel's teeth, but he is always running his tongue over them. But I can't get enough of this little guys smile, so neither should my readers... right?














4 comments:

Holly and Brad said...

You have to let me know when you are going to these fabulous Old Settlers Park events. Where do you find the information on these events? You guys always go to the best things!

Noel is sooo stinking cute it!! And Claire too! What beauties!

Aubreydoll said...

No, I don't think Noel looks like Brett Favre, all I see is Aaron! And you're not a bad mom for taking the doll away if Claire doesn't sleep, I do the same thing with Bauer. If it works and gets them to sleep then that's what I'm going to do!

Keeping up with the Bonacci's said...

Put a little grey sruff on Noel then I'lllet you know... I love the Banana!!!! Such a cute costum! I don't think you are a mean Mommy. You just have to do what you have to do. Love you and Miss you!

Just a girl said...

My sister had her kids dress up as a monkey and a banana one year...I loved seeing Claire and Noel as the same :) Super cute kids!