Saturday, April 4, 2009

Trip To San Antonio -finally

Us and the Riverwalk

We finally made it to San Antonio. We've been in Austin for two years and finally made the trip. Aaron was actually there for a reception for Syracuse Maxwell School of Public Affairs Alumni not too long ago, but I had never been. Only to the temple once with the youth of our ward. We were always scared about kid's naps or getting stuck in traffic or we didn't have the gas money.

This guy helped us out a ton! Thanks Uncle Dan. We miss you already!


In front of the Alamo with Dan or is that just some weird guy?


Noel and Mommy by the Fountain (Alamo)



Kids outside the Alamo with Daddy

I am so proud of Claire. She is potty training and wearing big girl underpants. She made it all day without an accident! We just made sure that we went at all stops and starts (does that make sense? Before leaving and right after arriving...) I was worried that she would be shy in the public restrooms but she did great!


This little guy was such an angel on the trip and such a happy boy.



People have told Aaron that the Alamo was small and to be prepared. We didn't have high expectations, so we were easily impressed. It's crazy to think that 200 something men were able to withstand 2000 something men for so long. This place, now in the midst of tall buildings and hotels, was once the only thing standing for miles. The legendary Davy Crockett died here. I wish I would have had some money to buy a coon hat for Noel.

We thought it was great and the grounds were very beautiful. This is such a pretty time in Texas. Not too hot and there are flowers everywhere. We'll be kind of sad to leave this behind.

4 comments:

Anpanman said...

Hey, Sarah. I used to live close to the Alamo long long time ago. My host family is still there! I passed out from the heat when I visited Alamo in the summer.

Robin said...

That's great that you were able to go, and this time of year is the best time! You should have just put a coon hat on Noel and taken his picture. I did that once with Zachary. I don't regret that he never owned the hat, but I have a great picture of him still. Maybe they have one at the Bob Bullock gift shop in case you're interested. It's a lot closer than going back to the Alamo. :)

Funny how "close" San Antonio is to Austin yet so far away. I've lived here most of my life and have made the trip maybe a dozen times at most.

Stephanie T said...

I'm glad you made it to San Antonio before you moved! You got some cute pics.

Janssen said...

I'm glad you go to go! What a cute little guy Noel is.