So today is the day. In about an hour I am going to be driving away from Phoenix - to Sedona to watch Aaron make me even more proud by accepting his award at the ACMA conference. I'm going to stay for dinner and the night, IF all goes well with Noel. He's still a little attached to mommy.
We've asked some really cool friends of our`s, a couple, who is still in their pre-parent phase, to come over and stay the night and watch the kiddos. They are wonderful! I have a cake in the oven for them as I type.
All of us have been sick with colds for the past couple of weeks. Aaron and Claire have both gotten better - Noel and I have not. It turns out that we have ear infections. I dragged my kids and someone else's kid (I babysit now), out to the doctor because Aaron was in a meeting at work - the pain was that bad. I thought my ear was going to explode. I was kind of scratching my head at Noel's behavior the other night - Monday he woke up screaming around 2am and didn't calm down until around 5:30. Now I understand...
Noel and I are recovering slowly. We have antibiotics and pain meds. We are happy. I can't hear out of my right ear and it is leaking so I have stuffed cotton in it to keep a lid on it. So, I hope I'm not too much of an embarrassment to my husband this evening. It's an event where we are supposed to mix and mingle and all that, but without my hearing that could make for some pretty awkward moments. Here's to hoping that I magically learn to read lips!
2 comments:
YAY!!!! We'll be thinking of you both! Sorry about the ear leaking thing, that could lead to some pretty funny stories....
PS. Love the picture of the rainbow and the kiddos.
Post a Comment