Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Skipping Winter

When we got back from California in January - our yard was covered in leaves. It was like we were experiencing the Fall season from our beloved home state of Michigan. We raked up five big black bags of leaves - but let the kids jump and play in the piles first, of course. Here are a few pictures of the kids in our back yard during our late "autumn" fest:





Here they are after a long day - I gave them a bath in the sink, #1 because it's big enough and #2 the tub was incredibly dirty (long story):






This is a picture of one of our Groundhog Day activities - we made groundhog cookies. O.K. technically they were teddy bear cookies, but the kids didn't know the difference... I got a book about groundhogs from the library too. We heard that the ground hog saw his shadow this year and that used to be upsetting news to us when we lived in Michigan - but we enjoyed 60 something degree weather that day - maybe some rain. And lately, we've been taking walks and enjoying seeing fruit on the citrus trees, blossoms on the popcorn trees, petunias and daffodils.

Arizona, can I call you home forever? maybe...

2 comments:

Just a girl said...

I miss the weather down there a lot. It was so nice not to have to deal with snow! And there is nothing better than being out on the patio with no coat on for Thanksgiving or Christmas :)

Corbett Family said...

Yeah, I loved going from fall to spring in one day in Arizona. Have some of that in Texas, but not so warm! Enjoy!