He loves Thomas the tank engine and airplanes - and he was happy to get them - as was R. the little boy I watch during the week.
Anyway, I just can't believe that this little guys turned two! He is such a wonderful part of our family and we just love him. He is very independent, stubborn at times, but loves to cuddle and can be so sweet! We love to watch him dance and sing. He is learning new words and saying new things everyday. His sweet smile just melts my heart!
Here are my two little cheesy grinners on Easter Sunday. They enjoyed opening their Easter treats and having a special breakfast. We talked about the resurrection, watched a video clip about Jesus, then spent the rest of the day watching conference, playing the back yard and napping. We had Easter dinner with some friends from church and played Pictionary. Our kids were the only little ones there and they just loved being the stars of the show!
A couple weeks ago we went to a lovely Easter pageant at the Mesa Temple grounds. I was worried that the kids would be cranky as it didn't even start until 8pm - but they were both entranced by it and seemed to really enjoy it. Aaron was at class and I had R. until 7 that night, so I got there with the kids just in time for it to begin - maybe that helped because there wasn't any waiting. We sat behind the bishop and he tickled Noel's feet and made him laugh right at the start of the garden of Gethsemane scene (way to go, Bishop). But we enjoyed the music and the dancing, the costumes. Both Noel and Claire knew and pointed at Jesus and said oh no a few times, understandably, but were happy when Jesus came back. It was a great way to help explain to them why we truly celebrate Easter. It was an hour - so not too long and I was able to get the kids home and in bed before 10pm.
2 comments:
Looks like you had a beautiful weekend and birthday celebration. Noel is getting so big. Our boys are growing up. I wonder if they will be in the MTC at the same time. That would be cool.
Happy belated birthday Noel. Can I just tell you his smile is infectious. And those eyes melt my heart! I'm glad he had a great birthday!
Post a Comment