Monday, July 26, 2010

Whiskers

Our neighborhood has a cat problem. Around midnight for a while, we would be woken by cat sounds outside. A neighbor has been feeding these cats. Every time we drive by her house she has about 5 of them in her yard.

I guess we'd rather have wild cats in our neighborhood than roof rats.

Yet, I am allergic to them and don't really like being woken up in the middle of the night to cat moans, or the smell of kitty spray on our front porch. So, I started a procedure, that was very effective, that I would implement every time we saw a cat in our front or back yard.

I'd tell the kids.

Automatically, without any instruction at all, they would run to the door, bang on it, yell, "Kitty!" and the cat would run away. Simple... effective....

until now... I have met my match.

The kids have named it Whiskers and it waits by the door to be petted and maybe just, maybe to be fed? No way, not when we are moving on Thursday. Hopefully neighborhood cat lady is feeding this one and its not ostracized for some reason, because that would be really sad...

but for now, the next few days, the kids have a new playmate.

No comments: