Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Getting to Know Our Neighbors



Aaron found this big guy hanging out in front of our garage the other day.


I hung a feeder on our front porch and the hummingbirds were at it right away. They drank down the feeder in just two days! I have filled it twice so far. It's empty right now and I need to get more in there. The syrup is easy to make, its just 1 part sugar 4 parts water, boiled for two minutes, then cooled. They love it. We love watching them. At some points in the day there wil be 5 or 6 on the feeder at a time!

There is no shortage of bugs or spiders out here either. We found this hive that paper wasps had made in our tree in the backyard. The exterminator came and took it away. I think he thought I was a little crazy for calling him, like I could have done it myself. No way...

But we have some great views out here. What does it mean? "double rainbow all the way"... (Warning: the crazy guy in this video link breaks the 3rd commandment quite a bit).

4 comments:

Kristi said...

It makes me happy that I am not the only person who loves the Double Rainbow video ;) Ha ha. Glad to see you are enjoying your new neighbors :) I dated a guy who went on his mission to Arizona and I remember his first letter was like "everything in Arizona just tries to kill you the heat, the killer bees, the scorpions" and on and on ; ) But hey... hummingbirds!!

Grant & Rebekah said...

Watch out for the Gila Monsters!

AuD Jen said...

hey, i recently went back to my blogg. please update your name for my site cause well, florida is SO 3 years ago... lol!! thanks for the updates - so cute!

The Richardson Clan said...

Catching up on your posts! You're family is growing so quickly. Beautiful pics. Glad to know all is well. :)