We had a nice visit from my parents. They flew in from Virginia and stayed with us for a week. It was so nice to have some extra hands to help with Claire. They also came though for us big time and hooked us up with gas and groceries while they were here. Thanks, Mom and Dad for everything! Here are some fun pictures from our week together:

We decided to take them downtown to see the infamous bats of Austin at the Congress street bridge. We decided to stop and take some pictures of the family on the way. Here is Claire with Grandma and Grandpa.
And here she is with Mommy and Daddy.
So the bats never showed up. At least while we were there, but we walked along the river - Lady Bird Lake and saw lots of turtles in one of the inlets. Here are a couple of swans that swan right up to us, I think expecting food. The bridge with to apparent bats to be seen is behind.
Here is Claire all tuckered out after a walk we took with Grandma and Grandpa. I found a trail that I really like finally.Here we are at Zilker Park Botanical Gardens. They are really beautiful and they are free. We let Claire get out and walk a bit, but she tripped and hit her head on the pavement. The goose egg is huge. It was a very sad moment. But she is very resilient and decided it might be better to ride in the stroller after all. We also checked out the Zilker Park Sculpture Gardens earlier and may I suggest that you visit only if you love sculpture enough to pay $3.50 per person. It was peaceful and pretty and the sculptures were nice, but it was tiny. The botanical gardens were 10 times better.
Here is Grandma in front of the main part of one of the gardens. I wish we could have come earlier while the roses were in bloom, but its not bad for October, eh?
4 comments:
Looks like you had a nice visit! Wish I could have been there! I miss you mucho mucho!
Kiss Claire's booboo for me!
awe, mom told me to check out your site! looks like you had a good time! Hey, can I come for thanksgiving!???
oh by the way - when did dad get a white beard???
Jen, of course you can come for Thanksgiving! Give us a call soon.
Post a Comment