These are the paintings of the Savior that Aaron was the model for. They were on display at our Stake Center as part of an Easter Presentation that the stake puts on every year. I thought that some of you might like to see this artist's work. His name is John Howell and he's actually in our bishopric. Aaron has been growing out the beard again for another "photo shoot" for another series of paintings. 
When I first saw this painting I was totally weirded out seeing my husband posing as Jesus. A few people in our ward have actual prints of this painting framed and hanging in their homes. I took Claire up to one of the framed prints one day and asked her who it was to see if she would say, "Jesus" or "Daddy". She started to say Jesus, but then stopped and thought for a moment and just smiled. It's been a neat experience for Aaron to have this opportunity. He is already wonderful example of the Savior in word and deed. It's been a neat experience to now literally see Christ's image in my husband's countenance.
7 comments:
Ha! That's both hilarious and really cool. Thanks for sharing. Any baby yet?
Very cool!
Marky Mark beware! Aaron's comin to take away your tidy whitey modeling business next.
All joking aside that's really cool. Justin Johnson's nickname for you is now official I guess.
Take care and good luck with the new addition.
I always thought Aaron looked a little on the Jewish side.
Kristin showed me this. Very cool!
-Alison Donahue
That is funny. They are really good paintings too! Nice work Aaron. I guess now I can envision him with handlebar mustache
wow, i see what u mean by weirded out a bit. how can i get prints so i can be weirded out every day?
Post a Comment