Thursday, May 15, 2008

Early Terrible Two's

O.k. so Claire got to Frankenglasses the other day again. So now I am back to glasses that are missing the right stem. At least I still have a good supply of contacts. But I hate putting them in every day especially with having to watch these two babies of mine so closely every minute. The only break I get is during Claire's nap time.

Claire still terrorizes baby brother when she feels that she is not getting enough attention. It's a little better... but mostly she is just acting like a crazy two year old. I thought that I had two more months before this set in as her birthday is at the end of June. She runs all over the place, the child has forgotten how to walk... she only runs. She loves to spin around in the living room until she falls down. She breaks anything she gets her hands on. She draws on the walls. She loves to put her hand prints all over the TV screen, our windows, and the glass doors of our bookcase right after I clean them. She loves to throw food when she's done eating or if the food is a veggie. Yesterday she got hold of a mostly empty gallon of milk, dumped the rest on the floor and started mopping it around the floor with her feet.

Yet despite these things she really is a good kid and such a cute and sweet girl most times. On the way home for buying her some shoes that she really liked, she says, "Thank you shoes! Thank you Mommy!" While Grandma and Grandpa Adams were here we tried to get a lot of cute pictures of course. I had soaped up her hair in the bath tub one night and tried to get her to say, cheese, then broccoli, then pizza to produce some smiles... none of them worked... then finally she smiles big and squeals out, "PANCAKES!" I guess she just figured that she was supposed to shout out random foods?

Yesterday was our 4th anniversary. Thinking back to when Aaron and I got married, we didn't know if children would be in our future. Now four years later and two kids later we are so happy to have had the opportunity to have them come along. I'm so grateful that they are here and that I get to spend my days with them. I was reading an article in the Ensign a few weeks ago about enjoying the time we have with our kids when they are small. I really needed to read that. Instead of getting upset about having to clean up messes I need to enjoy the fun that it was making it. I realize that the time will come when I am going to miss the tiny hand prints on the windows and the footprints in the milk.

1 comment:

Corbett Family said...

What cute kids. I went through the twos/jealousy phase with both of my older boys when their baby brother was born. It gets better--hang in there and definitely enjoy the fingerprints. My baby is now 14 months--he grew up too fast.