Saturday, April 26, 2008

Frankenglasses

About two weeks before Noel was born, Claire got hold of my glasses again. She loves glasses. This time she handed them to me and they were bent up pretty bad. One of the ear pieces came off all together. So I took them to walmart for a repair. Unfortunately, the break involved getting a new ear piece which they didn't carry for my frame. So they put a random purple ear piece on my brown wire frame glasses. It was free, but anyone who looks closely will see that I'm wearing frankenglasses, a term invented by Aaron. (Here are some new pictures of the kids.)
Yes, newborns ARE very serious people. I'm not trying as much this time to get him to smile. I think I was always tickling, poking, and prodding at Claire to get her to smile for the first 5 weeks with no success. In two weeks we'll see if we get some smiles from Noel.
Claire is doing better at interacting with her baby brother. She has her baby doll that she practises on. We are getting better at helping her hold him daily and giving him gentle hugs and kisses. Before we were trying to keep her away all together. I think it made it so when she did get a chance to get near him she reacted a little to hard. Things are much better now.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

The last picture you posted of Noel is precious. Aren't sleeping babies the best?!

Aubreydoll said...

Such a cute little family! I still can't believe you have two little ones now. The thought still scares me!