Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sunday Best

Aaron took these pictures of the kids last Sunday while I was getting ready for church. I feel so lucky to have such cute kids. Plus, so lucky to have such good relatives and friends who donate clothes to their cause...
Thanks to Grandmother Adams we have this pretty dress. I am very sad to say that when we picked her from Nursery it was ripped near the hem. I'm working on getting some ribbon to try and fix it so she can wear it again. I'm pretty sure it is repairable. I'll update my progress with some pics some day soon. I need some motivation to get out the sewing machine. I love sewing, but lack the work space. Maybe I can use this towards one of my personal progress goals.

Personal progress, you ask? I am trying to get some ideas for Young Woman Value projects. I never got my YW Recognition Award in high school. They changed the YW personal progress like three times while I was a young woman and I got tired of starting over again. (Let's face it, I was a big time slacker). Anyway, since I am serving in the YW now, I have the opportunity to redeem myself. I look forward to the experiences and the projects ahead. Do any of you have memorable experiences with Personal Progress? Any good ideas for projects?

5 comments:

Bart said...

Definitely cute kids.

But sorry - no personal progress memories. None. Imagine that.

Sarah said...

What about scout projects?

Ally Cat Girl said...

Your kids are so dang cute! I love the pic of Claire in her dress. Oh and sorry, I don't have any YW ideas since I've never been in YW. Good luck with your calling! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun.

Keeping up with the Bonacci's said...

I never got mine either...and i'm un YW too, I should work on it too. But honestly I don't really want to. On the other hand, when else will Ihave this opportunity. I'll thikn of stuff for you. You could take a cake decorating class or something. Learn a new skill. Sew baby blankets and donate them to the hospital.

Emily K said...

Very pretty dress. I'm sure you could fix it up nice.
Some great YW projects that I did were label and organizing my Mom's old box of photos from when she was little. I also made a dress for myself and learned how to read and follow a sewing pattern. I also put together scrapbooks about my life from birth through the end of high school. Hope these help. Let me know how the progress goes.