Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm feeling better, Mommy

The kids at bath time the other night. Both much happier and I can't believe how close they are getting in size! Noel is only 10 lbs behind Claire now and weighs as much as she did at her 12 month check up.

One of Claire's favorite books is Felix Feels Better by Rosemary Wells. She got it from her Grandpa Daniels for her birthday this year. Some of you may have seen it. In the book, the main character, Felix, eats too many chocolate Blimpies and stays up too late and the next morning is feeling 'peaky'. His mother tries to "perk" him up, but ends up taking him to Doctor Duck. Anyway, its really cute and tries to teach good habits as well as not being afraid of the doctor. Claire did so well when she was sick and was such a good patient for both trips to the doctor that I can't help mentioning this book as I think it may have helped. It certainly has helped her understand the word better. Every morning I ask her how she is feeling. This morning I got the reply, "I'm feeling better, Mommy".





This little guy is doing much better as well. He finished his meds on Friday. Last night he slept an eight hour stretch, ate, then went back down for four more! He hasn't done that since before the Chicago trip. He has his appetite back. He is pretty much back to his happy little normal self. His poor little voice though. When he gets really mad he sounds like a New Years Eve party favor or a Kazoo. We have a follow up appointment with the doctor tomorrow.
I'm so glad that they are doing so much better. They really had it kind of rough there for a little bit. Thank you so much Steph and Ish for the thoughtful meals. I have been pretty worn out. Noel has been acting like a newborn at night for the past month it seems. Let's hope we get another restful night tonight!






1 comment:

Emily and Ethan said...

Hey guys!!! I got your blog from facebook. You have the cutiest family! How old are your kids? I am glad they are feeling better.