It has been a hard couple of weeks for my little ones.
So, remember I said that Noel was sick but keeping the smile on? Well, the smiles came to a halt on Saturday night at our ward Christmas party and he turned into a very sad little boy. I was hoping to wait it out until Monday to take him to the doctor's office, but he ended up with a fever and an even worse cough. So, off to the emergency room again we went. Turns out Noel has RSV. We are lucky that he is an older baby. After a nebulizer treatment and a dose of some pretty strong meds, we were free to go home and try to get some sleep. He is in a much better mood now though he has coughed himself hoarse. I thought his runny nose was from his teething... Boy was I wrong.
Then last night, Claire started complaining about her ears again. She had complained in Oklahoma at Thanksgiving, but after some Tylenol she went to bed and we didn't hear about it again until now. This morning she woke up at 5:30am crying in her room. She had a fever and would not eat breakfast, when I tried to get her to eat she threw up. At least this time I could take her to an actual doctor's office. Since we switched insurances she hasn't been to her new clinic and I didn't know what to expect but the doctor was really nice and the wait wasn't long. He gave us a prescription for antibiotics and Claire is now taking a nice long nap.
So things are getting better. It's funny, but I had to go to the dentist to get a filling. I actually didn't mind at all. It was kind of a relaxing break from my home that is in disarray and my very moody children. You think that when you consider a trip to the dentist for a filling a relaxing break it means that your life is chaotic? I'm thankful for a thoughtful visiting teacher who heard about the kids being sick sick and immediately brought us over dinner. Here's to the kids getting better before Christmas. We are going back to Oklahoma for Christmas, along with my sisters, and have a new little nephew to meet. I can't wait! (BTW, my dad applied for a job back in Virginia that he has a pretty good chance of getting, so my family will be far away again... gotta make the most of having them close by).


2 comments:
Look at those chompers and peepers! I am glad everyone is feeling better.
Post a Comment