Thursday, February 26, 2009

My girly girl

Claire is such a girly girl. She loves dresses. Everyday she wants to wear one. Her dresses are all hand-me-downs, but still, they are in good condition and all so cute. She wants to wear her "Sleeping Beauty tu tu" or "Look like a princess" all the time! Though she may look like a princess she isn't exactly what I would call dainty. Two and a half year olds are messy and she is no exception. Like this picture where she found some of my lipstick. Aaron was Harry Potter in a skit at the Cub Scouts dinner a few weeks ago and all I could think of for his costume was to put a lightening bolt on his forehead with lipstick. So, I had forgotten about this color and left it out and Claire obviously found it.


One early morning not too long ago, Claire woke up crying in her room so Aaron brought her to me. She said, "I want to sleep in the big bed". We love our bed. When Aaron and I got married it was the one thing we spent a lot on (more than we could really afford even, but luckily it was zero percent financing and free delivery). Anyway - we have a queen pillowtop mattress, which to us is not that big, but to her it is of course. The bed is taller than she is! Well, Claire usually doesn't go to sleep, she usually just rolls around and slaps and kicks us both in the face for a while until we get fed up and put her back in her room. That morning, though, she actually cuddled up to me and went to sleep. It was so nice. I miss cuddles with my girl. I've been making it more of a prioroty to have our bed room be nice, like I make the bed every morning and keep things off the floor. Now Claire is in there all the time requesting to sleep in the "big bed".

I love my girly girl's long blonde locks. But as of late, they have been kind of hard to take care of. The ends were always in tangles, so we decided to give her a trim. I was so scared, especially since this is Miss Wigglemonster's hair. But she stayed so still. Here above is a before shot. Even Noel is taking note.

Here is front after

And here is the back. I trimmed a good inch off the bottom. Sadly, the curls have lost their umph, but she still has a nice wave going. A friend told me today that her hair seemed fuller and I have to agree. I saved her baby hair - now where to put it? Have any of you saved your baby's first haircut trimmings? My sister in law sends it to Japan to make a keepsake pen, but it was like $150!

3 comments:

Strong Family - said...

I put all of my kids' first hair in a little clear jewerly bag (looks like a teeny tiny ziploc bag)...I have tons if you want one! :-) Lauree

Kendra said...

yup I saved Porters! I put in in a teeny ziploc too, and put it in his scrapbook!! I can't believe how big they are getting! And oh so cute:) Do you guys know what your plans are yet?

Karina said...

Hey, there's Claire. She does look familiar ;) But I still never see her at church.