O.K. so family home evening tonight was a little off...
We decided that since we had books due at the library that we would make a trip there. Since dinner was still in the crock pot - not quite done - we thought we'd do it right when Aaron got home from work. We got the kid's shoes on - Noel is walking now so he needs them too... got the trash packed up, so we could take it one the way out, and headed out the door, got in the van, placed trash on top of the van so we could drop it off at the dumpster, and left for the library.
I've been a little slow for the past week. I had surgery to have an ovarian cyst removed (Men, you can skip this paragraph if you wish) and ended up having my whole right ovary removed. The surgery went well, but they gave me this anti-nausea medication that made me so sleepy it's taken a bit of time to get back to reality so to speak - plus the pain killers aren't helping... I'm mostly recovered except at night I have a hard time getting comfortable and sleep is hard to come by - also not helping...
So, we are in the van headed for the library. Aaron is talking about some story from his government class and I'm trying to listen to a CD that was due back at the library that I wasn't interested in renewing, but had to get some tunes in, if that makes sense...
At the library, Claire wants to play on the computers so I take her to them, mouse isn't working on ours so we wait our turn to get to a computer with one that is. Finally, she gets to play a Sesame Street game where you run the mouse over the pages and they turn to color - like a coloring book. She loves it. Aaron has Noel and they head over to get some more music and night time books to read. Things are going well, the most excitement we had was when Noel crawled (he really is walking, some of the time) away into the stacks of books in the children section. Kind of boring actually compared to most trips to the library with both kids. No tears, no protests when computer time was over...
After dinner, while cleaning up, I had a pretty terrible thought and asked Aaron:
"Did we ever take the trash to the dumpster?"
Mutual looks of horror...
I felt so guilty, I got in our car, with empty trash bag in hand, and drove out to retrace our steps to see if I could track it down. It was all over east bound LHB (that's abbreviated for the super busy road that we live on)...luckily not too far from our complex. So I spent FHE cleaning up dirty diapers (again luckily no bad ones) and yogurt cups splatted all over the road...in between clumps of traffic...left the banana peels... We will never ever ever forget again...
6 comments:
heehee. i wish i could have driven by and seen you guys.
Yikes! I bet that's one FHE you'll never forget!!!
That is hilarious! It probably wasn't funny to you at the time, but kudos to you for cleaning up your mess despite it being on a busy street. :) I didn't know you were having surgery...I hope you are doing well.
It sounds like one of those things that you will look back at and laugh. I haven't had surgery, and I'd probably do something like that.
I am laughing!!!!
I am laughing!!!!
Post a Comment