Thursday, June 4, 2009

First love letter - kind of?

A couple days ago we were going through some boxes of Aaron's that had never been unpacked from when we moved to Texas. We were trying to find his immunization records for graduate school. Apparently, at some graduate schools they want to make sure you've had your shots and Arizona State is one of them. I have my records, but when we got married I didn't think to ask Aaron if he wanted me to keep his immunization records with mine in my little grey filebox (silly me). I asked him if he might have them in with his mission things (that's where mine were). So we went to the still packed boxes in our storage closet (a.k.a Noel's closet).

I found a pretty funny and kind of embarrassing thing - a letter from me to Aaron that I wrote to him on his mission. I actually wrote it while in my Russion History class -my prof seemed to be going off on a tangent- and it was like a four page letter. This is funny, because I really don't remember knowing Aaron all that well - he was my roommate's sister's boyfriend and my friends' little brother. Anyway, in the letter I whine and complain about being 25 and not being MARRIED. I go on and on about it (maybe that's why he ended up marrying me, to shut me up). But isn't that so ironic that I am complaining about not being married, five years before we were married, to the man I would marry?

And...still looking/waiting for two MMR records for ASU...

4 comments:

Anjuli said...

Brendan's closet is our storage too! I hope you find those records. It is no fun getting shots.

Corbett Family said...

That's pretty funny. Years ago when I was getting my records together for law school at the University of Arizona, I had to give them my immunization records as proof of an MMR or get a measles booster (I recall that there was a measles outbreak in several states around that time, so I ended up just getting the booster). Must be an Arizona thing.

Tim R said...

Funny!!

The Richardson Clan said...

That is so ironic! But very cool that you saved that and have it to look back on.