Saturday, July 11, 2009

Accidents Happen - But did it have to happen right now?

So, I'm up in Oklahoma visiting my mom since both our husbands are out of town. My dad is helping my sister drive home from Boston, and Aaron is in Phoenix trying to find a place for us to live.

The kids did so well on the trip up here. We had fun listening to kids CD's and I let them watch some Disney movies on the DVD player. We only made three stops and I packed our lunch and we seemed to time potty breaks and the gas fill-up just right.

By the second day here, I was exhausted. The kids need about a day to adjust to their new environment. We were sleeping pretty well night two - until 1AM.

My brother came in our room and woke me up - "Sarah, someone just hit your van!"

I rubbed my eyes a little bit - tried to find my glasses - found them then ran outside. The van's hood was crumpled up into the windshield. My brother got on the phone with 911. He told me that he was awake, watching TV, and he heard a crash. When he ran to the front door, he saw a truck pull away from the van and drive away - my brother went outside and yelled, "Hey, Where ya going?!" The truck pulled into a house three doors down.

The police came. Alcohol was involved.

This is what our van now looks like:


We are working on getting this resolved. Wish us luck :)

8 comments:

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

Holy cow. I hope that person got a huge ticket and will be paying for that hood pretty fast. That will put a little damper on a trip:(

Alison K. said...

Oh no!! I had a landscaping truck hit my car while i was on vacation. They paid for it, even though we never got it fixed, we just have a dent in our door. But it was just cosmetic, nothing like yours. I hope you will still be back for the party on Sat!!

Stephanie T said...

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! I hope they aren't being a pain about fixing it. Although being out of town and having to deal with an accident is hard enough anyways. Glad you guys are safe.

Sarah said...

We are back! We are doing o.k. The guy paid for us to get home in a rental car and the insurance company says that they will reimburse us for rental car until 5 days after the settlement. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Aubreydoll said...

Oh no!!! I hope it gets fixed and they're are no problems!

Keeping up with the Bonacci's said...

that just makes me so mad! How are things working out?

The Richardson Clan said...

How terrible! I'm so sorry! I hope it gets resolved soon.

Jeannie said...

yuck!!!! so glad everyone is okay!