
This has been a busy month for us. But tons of fun. This is a picture of Claire and some of the kids I watched for a friend, who does daycare, while she was on vacation. This is a favorite activity: just put some shaving cream down and let them draw in the suds. The kids love it and clean up is really very easy.

Here is another little one. What a cutie!

We hosted a Halloween party. It was a lot of fun and we are so glad to have the space available to entertain finally! Claire wanted to be a ballerina princess for Halloween. I didn't have a lot of money to buy a costume - but I did buy a simple pattern and had an old satin sheet that worked well to make a Cinderella dress. It was a consolation, but she still loved it. I had some gloves that my mother gave to me from when I was little that worked well on Claire. I bought a strip of black ribbon for the choker for 30 cents and made a "Cinderella" headdress, by gluing batting and more of the sheet material onto one of Claire's headbands. Her costume ended up costing about $6.00 to make. Not bad.

A lot of the kiddos wanted to play outside - but I did catch our two Cinderella's dancing in this photo.

Here's one of Noel shaking his toushie. He wouldn't wear his costume - except for the monkey pants...

This picture is to prove that there were grownups at the party too. Seriously, this is the first time we were able to have a big get together at our place since the Super Bowl party of 2005! We are so happy that it all worked out and got to know the people who were able to come and brought delicious goodies! Thanks to you all! Now on to plan Thanksgiving! We almost have all of Aaron's brothers and their families convinced into coming.

The next morning we carved our pumpkin. This is the first time we've carved a pumpkin since Aaron and I have been married. The front was a cute face - and the back was two bats in the moon. He worked really hard on it, (the bat side) but it broke, transporting it to the ward trunk-or treat that night :(

Claire actually took this one - "Daddy workin' hard!" - a quote from Moses E. comes to mind...

The kids at the trunk or treat. It was cool enough out that Noel felt like wearing his costume!

Happy Halloween!
btw - today was daylight savings so now we are in the Mountain Time Zone - As much as I miss "falling back" it's kind of nice to not have to worry about it and just have everyone else change.
3 comments:
Dress looks great! Good Job, Sarah
I'm so impressed with your sewing skills!! Good job! Looks like you guys are fitting in nicely in AZ. Hope you're loving the new place.
Fun memory of Moses. I miss his little voice. Would have loved to have crashed your Halloween party--and you are brave to have taken on the daycare responsibilities. Sewing, tending to mass amounts of children, entertaining---definitely a pioneer caliber woman.
Post a Comment