Sunday, January 17, 2010

Our Day at the Beach

The last day of our trip we went to Corona Del Mar in Newport Beach. My mission president actually lives there somewhere, but we didn't plan ahead enough to make plans with him or his wife. The weather was beautiful and the water was fine enough for the kids to play in. We didn't think it would be so warm, so we didn't pack suits. But after Claire and Kylie soaked their pants, we just let them run around in their undies. They had a great time. It was a nice way to spend our last day together.

Noel loved playing in the sand and with the sand toys.


A picture of the crew minus Hiro (taking the pic). The water was so clear.


Soon Noel was brave enough to test the water too and lost his pants! They kids were so sandy I stripped them both down to skin and hosed them off at the outdoor showers before we let them get back in the car to go back to Corona. That was a little sad, but overall the day was wonderful! The next day we said good-bye and headed back to Arizona. We were gone for over two weeks! I was worried that we were overstaying our welcome a bit, but I think we all enjoyed our time together.

Since we've been back Aaron has gone back to work, took a class over winter term - a three week class online. He finished and got an A. He also interviewed for a scholarship that we are hoping that he will win. He has also gotten a calling at church - a counselor in the Elders Quorum Presidency.

I have started babysitting two 2 year olds. A little boy 4 days a week and a little girl once a week. It keeps us busy - but we have a lot of fun. I also think it helps me to be even more engaging with my own children while they are here.

I also started and finished the first phase of the South Beach diet. I consumed way too many sweets and desserts over the break and all my clothes were barely fitting anymore! My first real diet so far has been a success. I figure it's kind of like "learning to like vegetables bootcamp". I haven't had any sugar, carbohydrates, or fruit - only protein and vegetables for two weeks. I am excited to begin phase two tomorrow and reintroduce things like fruit and oatmeal back into my diet! This is my new Years resolution - to take care of my body. So far so good. I'm learning to love veggies! Now to teach my children to!

No comments: