Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Some Surprise Visitors

A couple weeks before our trip to California we got a phone call from Aaron's best friend, Tim. They grew up together and have been best buddies since they were 7 years old. Tim had a job interview in Chandler and came to visit us afterwards. Aaron gave him a tour of downton Phoenix where Aaron works and goes to school, then they came back here for dinner. We have a mexican Feista to celebrate. It was so nice to have him here and for he and Aaron to be able to catch up a little bit. We only wish that his family could have accompanied him. Tim ended up taking a job in New Jersey with Mars and we don't blame him. Who wouldn't want to work for a chocolate factory!?



The day after we got back from California, I got a surprising phone call from my buddy, Johanna. She was on a flight back to Texas from a trip for her sister's wedding in Utah. Her layover in Phoenix was extended due to her flight being delayed. We saw it as a bonus! I got right in the car and picked her up, brought her and her daughter, Netta, home to have dinner with us! It was so nice to catch up a little and see Netta and her prego belly. (Johanna and I were both pregnant together for both of my kids - but she's on to number three and I'm not quite ready yet.) I was able to get her back to the airport on time and it was a nice break for them to not have to be stuck in an airport for an extra two hours. A few weeks ago Johanna was able to have the Esplin's (good friends from MSU days) visit her in Texas, and I was feeling so sad that I missed out on that. I still wish that I could have been there, but I'm so glad that I at least got to see Johanna again!

I hope there will be more reunions ahead!

4 comments:

Janssen said...

How fun! Sounds like a lovely little surprise.

Stephanie T said...

Is it just me, or are you guys partying more then ever in Arizona??? Just what kind of school did Aaron sign up for. It seems like non-stop trips, vacations, and visitors!

Keeping up with the Bonacci's said...

Hey I live in NJ too!Where will they be living? I love Visitors! I ma glad that you had some! YOu must live in a hot spot!

Sarah said...

Steph - Arizona State does have the reputation for being a party school - I guess it's somewhat true! We are loving it here!