Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sarah 3 Aaron zip

My tummy is full of holes now. Eight new ones to be exact. Where I used to have a lump, now I have a bit of a dent. I guess I wasn't exactly expecting a tummy tuck, but this is ridiculous. Yesterday I had surgery on my abdomen to repair a herniated incision from last year's surgery, which was to remove a dermoid ovarian cyst. Almost exactly a year ago, I was just like I am now - propped up in bed in the only comfortable position I can find, somewhat relaxed, somewhat in pain. Aaron took the kids to the park before it gets too hot - It's 7 am. He brought me breakfast in bed before he left and helped me to the potty. Happy Father's Day to him. I really love that man.
It's funny, but I was just talking about this with my sister-in-law last week-end about how right before we got married, Aaron was so scared that he would be the one with all the health problems. (Technically, Aaron has had just as many surgeries as I, but none since we've been married). He found out that he was at risk for HD and he and his mother were both worried about how that would affect our marriage. We are lucky that he was spared and pray everyday for his father who was not. But I knew, when I said yes to him, that it was for better or for worse, sickness and in health... forever.

1 comment:

Keeping up with the Bonacci's said...

well some one has to keep you healthy! I hope you feel better soon. Did you really get a tummy tuck as an extra bonus? I want one! Hope your luck gets a bit better :) Love you!