Monday, June 28, 2010

Claire's Birthday Getaway week-end Extravaganza

Claire's birthday came up on us quickly. My little girl is 4 years old already! We decided that time was of the essence for her to see her cousins again, while they are only in Flagstaff for a limited time. So, we took a trip up north to see them. They are staying with a lady in their ward, and we didn't want to impose so we booked a $50 hotel, packed our stuff and drove up to Flagstaff on Friday evening once Aaron got home from work.

Lucky for us the hotel actually had a pretty nice pool, so the men took the kids for a swim.


Claire practiced her "bobs" from swim lessons


After our swim: rub-a-dub-dub, 4 Adams kids in the tub...



After a pretty lousy night's sleep, we decided to take a trip out to see the Meteor crater. Anyone remember Starman? The end of the movie was filmed here...


Cute cousins - one with a possibly re fractured arm, hence the urgency of our trip. They needed to make a trip back to Utah for x-rays.


Crater Claire


Uncle Grant with all the cousins


Watchin' the explosion reenactment on the screen... over... and over...


After the crater, we headed back to Grant and Rebekah's place to eat some good food and relax. Noel was being such a nut, baby Kiah couldn't help breaking up in smiles and giggles. Too cute!



We went for a short hike and let the kids play outside at Lake Mary. The kids played there for quite a while. It was so nice to have a break from the Phoenix heat and be able to be outside without breaking into a sweat!

After dinner, Aunt Rebekah made an awesome pink cake for Claire and I want the recipe for the frosting! Then, we said our good-byes and headed back to Phoenix for some rest. We hope that Adria's wrist will be o.k. and that we'll be able to see them again soon!

Sunday, was the actual big day for Claire. At church there was a talk about the martyrdom of Joseph Smith, just as I was afraid of. But Claire didn't seem to take notice, 4 is still too young, I guess. When I was pregnant with her, I heard from my aunt and another friend, that as a member of the church its hard to have that birthday. I tried so hard to get her born on the 26th, but she came out at 12:12 a.m. June 27th...


On a lighter note... Noel is always making us laugh! He thought he'd add to the birthday festivities by mooning us...


Also, at church, Claire received a gift certificate for a special candy gift from the bishop. Unfortunately, Bishop had run out of candy. He was so apologetic, and later made a special trip to our house to bring Claire a special treat! Claire absolutely loved that the Bishop made a visit just for her!


I wasn't planning on making another cake, but it was her birthday - so we improvised and turned up with this... not bad I thought.


We sang and she blew out the candles a second time. She had quite the birthday week-end! Happy Birthday sweetheart!

2 comments:

Suzanne Barker said...

Happy Birthday Claire! And Lots for you to be doing with a sore tummy!

Rebekah said...

It was so fun to see you! I'm glad you got so many good pics. I will email you the recipe for the frosting. And good news is Adria's arm is ok. Hope to see you again soon when we return!