Wednesday, August 4, 2010

We made it...

I'm still feeling kind of down about this move. We are here, but my heart just isn't.

I'm trying to be positive. Our rent is less. Most likely our utility bills will be cheaper. Peoria has a nice library and we can walk to a playground whenever we want. We are going to the rec center tomorrow to get a membership and I can get some child care while I work away some poundage.

Me not being Positive:

We paid for movers, but they brought a tiny truck and took a ton of time fitting everything into it. We paid by the hour...

Noel went for a ride down the street on his trike alone, while I was doing a walk through with our landlord and finishing up the cleaning at the Rovey house. Luckily, Aaron found him down at a neighbor's house a couple streets over. I'll tell the story with more details in a future post. This was one of the scariest moments of our marriage yet.

When we got to the new house, nothing was done as promised. The floors, the bathrooms, everything was a mess... No electricity in the bathrooms not to mention clogged sinks... no hot water... no lights in the kitchen, a broken window, terrible paint job... the list goes on...

While taking a break from unpacking boxes, and while I thought the kids were both napping - Claire got a hold of a box cutter and gave it to Noel, who cut his hand. Luckily, it was small and not deep and we caught it very quickly.

On a more positive note:

We found Noel and he was fine. He has all his fingers and toes. We have learned to keep doors and gates locked at all times and to keep dangerous items out of site and out of reach. This kid is a handful. But we love him SO MUCH, and I'm so glad that he is part of our family. I can not imagine what my life would be like if... I don't even want to think about it.

We have a place to live. It rained this week-end and our grass is turning green! It also cooled things down a bit. Mr. Fixit... as the kids like to call him.. came and fixed most of the problems with the house.

We went to church and there are more kids for our kids to play with. I can't wait to meet some of them and their parents.

I am going on a mini vacation to California to visit my mission president and his wife this week-end. I'm hoping to regroup and to reflect on the old mission and find some renewed strength in my new mission as a wife and mother.

Here we go again... I'm saying lots of prayers.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Well, if it all went smooth, it wouldn't be an adventure. And there wouldn't be good stories to tell.
Glad things are getting fixed up and repaired.
I can't even imagine the panic of a child wandering off. I think everyone has experienced that for a few seconds at a busy store etc . . . but two blocks is a scary distance. Glad you found him safe and sound. My heart started racing just reading it.

Suzanne Barker said...

Miss you already Sarah! It will get better.
Glad your beautiful kids are still in one piece!