Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The West Side

Well, the west side of Phoenix isn't so bad now that things are cooling off a bit (in the shade). We like to take quick walks to the park in the morning. I have a feeling that once October hits, this place will be our second home.


The kids love playing at the playground behind our house. That has been the number one perk of moving.

The other perk is actually that the kids are sharing a room and actually sleeping in it at the same time. Our bedtime routine is now so much simpler and the kids really like their new (to them) grown up beds.

I'm not in love with Peoria, like I am with Phoenix, but I'm doing my best. But some days I think I will vomit if I see another brown stucco/tiled roof home (which is what ours is).

We joined the fitness center and I'm taking Yoga on Tuesdays and a cardio class on Saturdays. Aaron is working out regularly too. I guess it helps when there is money involved. The kids really like the child care there.

Claire missed out on pre-school because they started so early and I dropped the ball, plus I wasn't wild about 5 days a week anyway. We can't afford private school, so I'm looking for co-ops. Hopefully we'll find one.

Noel loves the library here, because they have a train table with collectible Thomas the Tank engine trains. Sometimes he makes a scene when I say it's time to go home.

We found a new self serve frozen yogurt place so we are satisfied in that regard. Our only complaint is that they don't do any swirls, but I guess when they put blueberry-pomegranate next to Reese's Peanut Butter cup, that's probably a good thing.

School is going well for Aaron and I. It seems like he has a lot easier work load than I do, but first semesters are always the roughest I guess.

That's all for now...

5 comments:

Stephanie T said...

Other then the boring homes, it sounds lovely. Good Luck in your first semester. I know you will do great!

Suzanne Barker said...

Good to hear you are setteling in...

Grant & Rebekah said...

is the new place as good as yogurtology? i gotta know.

Sarah said...

G - it is almost exactly the same. The only real difference is you can't do any swirls but it's a little cheaper per ounce. We'll take you next time you guys are in town and you can decide for yourself if it's as good or not!

The Richardson Clan said...

I'm glad things are going a little bit better than they were at the beginning for you. Good luck with school and juggling everything!