When pregnancy happens, there are a few (to say the least) interesting things that happen to the body. Cravings is one of them. Each of my pregnancies has been different. And each craving is different. Some times I get a taste for something and I have to have more until I get sick of it. Other times, I haven't had something for a long time and miss it and feel like I have to have it or else I'll die. Cravings are strong. So strong that I feel that I would pay just about anything for it or that I might just faint and die without it. There is no letting go until it is satisfied.
You hear about ladies craving weird things, like watermelon and ice cream and pickles. Not me... that is until now... pickles pickles and more pickles. Give me pickles!!!!! Anyway...
Around Christmas, I was having a serious craving for mint chocolate.

Seasonally, you can find mint M&M's and they are my favorite. I searched two local grocery store chains, target and then walmart for them, from Thanksgiving to Christmas and they were not to be found. I pestered the stock people and even managers of the stores to figure out what was going on. They just said " We sold out and we haven't gotten anymore". I said, "GET MORE!" This was getting serious, I NEEDED them!
Then I remembered Tim. Tim is Aaron's childhood best friend. After getting his MBA at Michigan State he was hired by Mars Chocolate. He works specifically with supply issues. Hello?! If anybody could get me some mint M&M's, Tim could. I sent him a message on facebook and he said he would see what he could do.
Christmas came and went. I had to get by with Girahdeli peppermint bark and York peppermint patty bites. (I'll admit the peppermint bark especially helped me get by. Delicious!)
Then last week, to my surprise, I got a package in the mail from our trusty friend Tim.
Two bags of mint M&M's! ahhh... *sigh of satisfaction*
Thanks Tim! and... um....they may or may not be gone already...
5 comments:
Good guy to know!
Had I known your cravings were so strong I would have sent you some!I get that with ice cream. Last night it was Cherry Garcia Froyo. And raspberries, they taste sooooooo good! I make berry smoothies alot! But fast food, not so much. Except for chili's queso and salsa, yummmy!
Glad they got there ok and that the ladies at the DC had a stash when I was out there:)
That's awesome. I only had one very short-lived craving with Adria, it was for fruit loops. But those mint m&m's sound good right now!
Me too, Tim! Me too!
Post a Comment