Thursday, Alexander Hugh Adams joined our family at 5:45 pm. He was 7 lbs and 1 oz and 20 inches long. Not bad for two weeks early! He caught us a little by surprise so we weren't so prepared. I went to my regular check up that morning and the doctor discovered that I was almost dilated to 4 cm and my amniotic fluid was too low. They sent me to the hospital for a non-stress test and another ultrasound which revealed that I was having regular contractions and that my fluids were even lower than originally thought. So I was admitted to the hospital.
The kids were with a nice friend from church who offered to babysit for my appointment, but they ended up staying a bit longer and being shuffled around to a few different friends in the ward while Daddy was contacted and was able to come to the hospital.
Around 4pm it was discovered that I had a fever. I never get fevers. Weird... The doctor wanted to speed up delivery so I let her break my water - but I refused Pitocin. That worked and my contractions sped right up and they were intensely painful. I asked for an epidural after enduring a few rough ones. The anesthesiologist at this hospital is the best ever. He was so fast and efficient. I was made very comfortable. I even thought I might be able to take a nap, but I started to feel a ton of pressure I knew it was time. Baby Alex came out in two pushes.
We have been having a nice quiet time in the hospital. Aaron stayed over with us the first night while the kids stayed with friends. Then last night he went home to take care of the kids and the house and people from church have started bringing meals. We love our ward. The people have been so great here. It's a shame we have to leave.
The ladies that have a playgroup together planned a surprise baby shower for me - which I missed because I was giving birth. So funny. I'm really grateful to them. I feel loved.
I've been so unprepared and preoccupied thinking about getting through school and getting Aaron through graduation and finding a place to live that I wasn't prepared to have a baby Thursday. But the happy news is that we have another healthy baby. Aaron has a job. We did find a place to live up in Snowflake,it's nice and affordable, and our current landlord is being more than helpful letting us go a little early (I'll post more on that when I have time, which probably means you may have to call me if you want the scoop).
Thank you for all your best wishes, prayers and help!
We are now a family of five!
7 comments:
Congratulations to all of you! And good luck in Snowflake!
Hoooo-ray!!! I am so happy for you.
Congratulations! What a great name you guys have chosen. He is so precious!
Congratulations! We need to get together (finally!) before you move.
I'm so excited for you! Glad you and Alexander are healthy. Congrats!
Awesome! Congratulations!!!
Congratulations Sarah! What a beautiful little guy and a fun birth story. I am so grateful you have good friends taking care of you because you were so kind and helpful when I was having my babies! Wish I could be there to help! Miss yoU!
Post a Comment