Wednesday, April 16, 2008

my family

Here is my family. Aaron and I were discussing how weird it is to say "the kids" now. Claire is still learning how to be gentle and control herself around her little brother. I just about had a heart attack yesterday when I saw her shaking his bouncer vigorously with him in it. We had a woman to woman talk about being gentle and careful with little baby brother. So far she hasn't done it again. Anyone have suggestions for teaching a 21 month old about gentle and soft? Know of any good discipline techniques for a girl this age?


Noel has the cutest little elf ears.
We finally got him a swing off of craigslist this week-end. I love it and I think the baby likes it too. Look at him all relaxed in it! We also paid $50 for double stroller at a garage sale. I think we paid too much, but its too late now. It was dirty and is about 4 years old. But it works. Noel's car seat fits in it and I used it for a trip to the doctors office yesterday for his 2 week check-up. Claire seems to like to ride in it too.
He's starting to become more alert and he's losing that scowling brow. My mom left Monday morning and and so now I've been by myself with them for two days. It's going o.k. but I miss mom. You really learn to appreciate all your parents did for you once you have your own. I can't imagine having 3 kids under four in the late 70's like my mom did. I feel like living on the second floor in an apartment is the worst deal. My parents lived in military housing in Germany on the sixth floor or something with no elevator. The laundry was in the basement and they only had cloth diapers. I can't imagine. How did she do it? I guess I can do 2 under two on the second floor.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

cute pics!! Noel is darling! A Very handsome baby for sure:) Hey I had to make my blog private because some wierdo commented on it and I didn't like that. But I don't think I have your correct email address. Would you email me at noahandkendra@msn.com so I can invite you?

The Richardson Clan said...

Great family picture! Love the pictures of Noel. Noel is a handsome little guy. Sorry I can't help you with advice as far as discipline for Claire. Good luck with that. Maybe when Xavier's 21 months old I'll be coming to you for advice.;)