Sunday, June 22, 2008

Are You Blog Surfer?

O.k. so Aaron told me about something a few months ago that he said would really help me out and that I was really going to love. I thought - o.k. let's hear it and we'll see. He showed me Google Reader. He said that Google reader will tell you when there is a new blog post on your favorite blogs. I thought - oh, big deal. But after taking the time to set it up - I was in blog heaven! He knew that I used to waste lots of time checking friends blogs and getting upset when there wasn't anything new. I would even say - What a waste of time! But now I can check my Google reader and in a matter of seconds I know whose blogs have new posts and can read them all in a matter of minutes usually. I feel that my time is more valuably spent - which it should be as I have two kids under two for a few more days - Claire is turning two :-).

Do you use Google Reader? If you don't already and you'd like to just click on one of my many hyper-links to Google Reader and sign in with your blogger ID. I highly recommend it! You will not be disappointed. Let me know what you think about Google reader!


Claire's second b-day is Friday. I wanted to have a party, but the clubhouse here is still under construction with no end in sight. We will be having cake and ice-cream I think, but I'm unsure how to make it work with friends over with such a small living space. Any ideas?

7 comments:

Alison K. said...

LOVE google reader!!! If it wasnt so stinking hot i would suggest a party in the park but 100 degrees may be too warm for the wee ones!!

Hope said...

I can not bring myself to use it. I have an account, but I love checking the blogs personally - I like seeing the backgrounds and the hard work people put into them. But with 30+ blogs I'm going to have to start using it soon.

I know most of my friends use it and love it - I'm just not there yet. Glad you like it though :) I can see it saving a ton of time.

Sarah said...

Yeah, I know what you mean Hope. When you want to leave a comment or see the actual blog, you just click on the title and it will bring up the actual blog in a separate window. One thing that stinks is that you can't subscribe to private blogs :) So I have to check yours, kendra's, and Ashley's the regular old way still... but I'm telling you try it, you'll love it!

chelon:) said...

jody is the one that introduced me to google reader and it has been a great time saver!! i just wish i new about it sooner...

Aubreydoll said...

I use Bloglines, which is essentially the same thing, and I love it! You can't put private blogs on there either, so I've had to limit myself to checking them once a day when I first turn my computer on.

As for Claire's birthday party, isn't there an indoor play area that you could have everyone meet at?

Christina said...

Hey! Your little girl is beautiful!!! We are back in MI. We bought a house just a few miles outside of Perry. We love it.

Stephanie T said...

Claire is such a cutie! Thanks for the tip, I'll have to have Ken set me up sometime. I'm glad I can read up on what's going on with you guys.