Saturday, March 21, 2009

March Madness


It is that time of year again where everything revolves around the NCAA basketball tournament. Notice the TV screen (not the messiness of the room, I hope)? Basketball. Notice Aaron? Can you guess what he's watching on the computer screen? That's right - basketball. In his defense, they weren't showing the MSU game on the station here.

I decided while I was engaged to Aaron that I couldn't compete and I should just try to enjoy it. After all, I went to Michigan State too, and they were the champions my Senior year. But for the first time, I was invited to complete a bracket in a pool in a group of couples. The prize was being taken out for ice cream. I had no idea what I was doing - but soon became hooked. I made my "picks" based on my own random ideas about the schools (sometimes I didn't even know that a school existed). I think I watched just about every game that aired that year, And I think I scared Aaron by how into it I was. We actually won the pool, though, we never did get to collect the ice cream.

Now, it is still kind of a tradition for us to fill out a bracket for fun - no money involved and it helps to get me involved and watching.

So last night, I tried to forget about cleaning up our messy room, we put the kids to bed, made some guacamole and turned the couch around so that we could watch MSU beat Robert Morris (anyone know where that school is?)

This little guy will be turning one in a couple of weeks so we decided to let him try some of our strawberry smoothies that we made the other night. Can you tell what he thought of them? Nice stache, eh?

Please, mom, I want more!

1 comment:

Johanna said...

Robert Morris is literally in my backyard! Yep it's in good old Moon Township and my cross country team would practice there, my dad taught a night class there, my graduation ceremony was there and President Hinkley spoke there. That may be more info than you needed but I just thought it was so funny when you asked where that was. (of course i totally understand that you hadn't heard of it.)