Call me crazy! I flew to Michigan to visit my in-laws with the children by myself. It was quite the adventure. After the cancelled flight in Austin, the three flights it took to make up for the canceled one, the many trips to the bathroom with my pottytraining toddler, the squished pinky finger of said toddler, the cries of a very cranky baby with some serious canker sores (turns out we think he caught, Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease somewhere), only eating crackers and peanuts all day because the three layovers weren't long enough to have meals, then finding out that the airline lost one of the kids' carseats, then a scary two hour car ride, we made it to Owosso, Michigan.
When we arrived, we met Aaron and his parents and promptly had some snacks and went to bed.
The rest I think I'll document in picture form. We had a great time and the children did too - once the blisters from their weird disease cleared up. We hope that it didn't get passed on to any of our friends or family that we visited!
Unfortunately, I forgot the camera when we went up north to visit my extended family and my nephews and neice. It really is such a shame because not only are the Daniels' grandchildren the cutest ever - but it's beautiful country up there. My former sister in law says that she will share her photos on facebook and she better!
We hade a BBQ with friends from MSU. We went to the zoo. We went and toured MSU and I got to see friends from my old job. We went up north. Grandpa Adams took the kids for rides in his fishing boat. We had a fine road trip home (we survived, gotta love portable DVD players) to Texas in the new van that Aaron's parents gave us. (We can't thank you enough!)
Pics to come...
3 comments:
Wow, sorry to hear about the airline disasters. :( I'm so glad you had a great time once you got there, though. The pictures were great and really showed you guys enjoying yourselves.
The plane ride/rides sound like a wonderfully awful memory. I'm glad you guys had so much fun on your vacation and made it home safe.
Post a Comment