Sunday, May 10, 2009

What a week-end!


Aaron's Birthday was Friday. We were able to get some sweet deals at this website. He had a free burger at Red Robin for lunch, then after he came home from work we went out to eat at Carino's where they were giving free entrees to Mom's. Aaron was very thoughtful and brought both Claire and I a bouquet of flowers for Mother's Day on his own birthday! I have the best husband ever. Seriously!

Here is my bouquet


You can tell Claire was very pleased with her mini carnations. So cute!



Earlier that morning we had made cupcakes for Daddy. (Then we headed out to a birthday party for Claire's friend, Rose. It was great and Claire had so much fun eating pizza and eating frosting and playing with Rose's presents, sigh, that's my girl). Here is Noel chowing d0wn on his cupcake. Much better than his own birthday - see here. Crazy how the picture is almost exactly the same!


Then after putting the kids to bed, we found this little guy hiding behind our clock in the kitchen!



Uh... so I worked up the courage to try to get it out of our apartment. Aaron tried to get the incident on film, but it was hard with the little lizard running all over, me flinching and being all squeemish and jumpy. After about a half hour of chasing it around our kitchen - which was still a mess from making birthday cupcakes- I decided to make a trap for him with a box.


So, here he is outside... I'll have to post the video sometime. It's so wobbly... it's bound to give people headaches - so much for our America's Funniest Home Video's entry...

Saturday morning we had our long anticipated Primary training then Primary activity (I'm the secretary). It was a lot of fun and I felt like I was definitely put to good use because I was exhausted when it was finally over. After lunch we went to Old Settler's Park and fed the ducks some old stale bread we had lying around. After the kids naps, we went swimming! The pool is open at our place! It was a lot of fun. Our kids love the water. I forgot the camera this day. But it was so fun to spend the day doing things together.

Mother's Day was a nice day. Aaron made breakfast and tried to let me sleep in a little. In our little apartment it's almost impossible to sleep if these kids are up, though. Here they are at our "tea party" before church.

After church and after naps, we went letterboxing. I've wanted to do this for a while. It's like a treasure hunt - kind of. At least that is what we told Claire. I think we all had a really good time. We have been trying to do more together and get out more.

Can you tell we recently cancelled our cable? Seriously, I feel like our family is so much better off without the TV on constantly. It was hard at first, but now I hardly miss it. We actually got a TV tuner for our computer and a HD antennae and can watch major networks on the computer. We can still watch some shows and we have PBS so the kids can watch things like Sesame Street if we really want. We are saving at least $30 a month and are spending more quality time together.

3 comments:

Anpanman said...

I didn't think Aaron could live without cable!

Slick said...

We actually haven't had cable most of the time we've been married, and when we have it usually is just the local channels and a few others... not real cable. I do sometimes miss sports, but mostly it is not a big deal to go without it.

Keeping up with the Bonacci's said...

Aaron should give Matt some tips on Mother's day and just about any other holiday that involves me. Thoughtfulness is so appreciated. Glad you had a nice day!
The little lizard reminds me of my mission...I still get the heebeegeebeez,we had them all over our apartment once. Yuck!