
Here's a picture of Claire and Noel at our Trunk or Treat at church. Claire originally wanted to be Tinkerbell - but she was Tinkerbell on
her second Halloween and I couldn't find a costume for under $20. So I found a Little Red Riding Hood costume at Target that I thought she would like for $8 and luckily, she did. Noel originally wanted to be a fire truck - but I found a inexpensive costume for a fireman that he ended up liking. I just didn't have the energy for any sewing projects this year.
Noel really got into the trunk or treat. He caught on pretty quickly. He loved going from car to car and asking for candy by saying "Trunk or Treat". Then a quick "Fank you" and it was off to the next adult with candy. I was amazed. He's really come a long way from the shy little boy he used to be. Claire has always been an outgoing girl. She's done a good job showing him the ropes.

Our city holds an annual Halloween party at the mariners practice field. Noel was stoked to be able to get up close to this old fire engine.

The other thing he was pretty excited about was this hot air balloon. He always points to the sky whenever we see one or two in the mornings and says Albuquerque - it comes out more like "apple cookie". On my way to visit my parents last month we stopped in Albuquerque on our way to Oklahoma during the big balloon feista they have there every year. We didn't see any balloons in person because it was dark, but we saw some on T.V. at our hotel. Now he always associates hot air balloons with "apple cookie".

This could have been his horror halloween costume. It's just my boy chowing down on chocolate after digging through the spoils.
In other news, we found out that we are having a boy. I'm only 15 weeks (and still feeling sick btw). I went in for an ultrasound and they had a big TV screen up on the wall, front and center. My sister in law warned me not to look, but it was right there and so hard not to. I had wanted to be surprised this time around, but it was obviously a little boy up there on the TV. Claire was a little upset and cried. So, in a way we are glad we know now and she seems to have gotten used to the idea. Now to come up with a name. Boy names are so hard!
No comments:
Post a Comment