Aaron got a job offer from the State of Texas for an Economist Position. We are very excited about the opportunity this gives him to use his education and start working towards a career that he will hopefully enjoy. This will be a step up in many ways from his Sales position at Dell. The only problem is that health insurance benefits from the state job will not kick in until January. That worries me a lot. We can't afford Cobra and private insurance will not cover an already pregnant woman. I've got some things in the works so hopefully with some faith and a lot of prayers we will be all right.
So, this means that our stay in Texas will most likely become more permanent than we originally thought. I'm O.K. with that so far. But I sometimes I really miss Michigan. Especially right now as its back to school time. I picture the streets of downtown East Lansing filled with new freshman going to get their new books. I loved getting those free back to school packs from SBS. The ones for girls with the shampoo samples and free razors and deoderant. The ones for guys had the same - only the guy versions. I miss taking walks on the MSU campus to the children's garden, botanical gardens, or down by Admin to feed the ducks. Right now I am really craving an cookie/icecream sandwich from Melting Moments... But, I'll bet that by November and definitely by January my thoughts will be more of gratitude I am here rather than there.
So, this means that our stay in Texas will most likely become more permanent than we originally thought. I'm O.K. with that so far. But I sometimes I really miss Michigan. Especially right now as its back to school time. I picture the streets of downtown East Lansing filled with new freshman going to get their new books. I loved getting those free back to school packs from SBS. The ones for girls with the shampoo samples and free razors and deoderant. The ones for guys had the same - only the guy versions. I miss taking walks on the MSU campus to the children's garden, botanical gardens, or down by Admin to feed the ducks. Right now I am really craving an cookie/icecream sandwich from Melting Moments... But, I'll bet that by November and definitely by January my thoughts will be more of gratitude I am here rather than there.
4 comments:
I can relate, right about now I am really missing the cool, crisp, Midwest Fall air. I can't wait for Texas to cool down!!
Yep, and Chipotle gave out free burritos. Congrats on the job, Aaron!
Right now Texas stinks and Michigan Rocks.... free burritos... mmm...
I can hear you, I am missing Minnesota, the midwest is the best! You and I will have to relish in January though, when they are all freezing off their tooshies and we are out playing at the park in our t-shirts and jeans. Ha!
Post a Comment