Saturday, September 29, 2007

Week-ends Together

Week-ends together as a family are awesome! Ever since Aaron and I got married, we have had very few full week-ends together. When we were first married, I was working at the credit union and had to work three Saturdays a month. The credit union moved to every other Saturday just before we moved away. Even when I was on maternity leave with Claire, Aaron was working at a bank one Saturday a month and he was also working craft shows with his family a lot of full week-ends.

So he got a job at Dell Inc. the worst situation of all. He was scheduled for three full months of Sundays! Dell is a horrible place to be a salesperson, by the way. Besides the three months of mandatory Sundays, the indecipherable paycheck stubs, the inability to explain how commission gets paid, the whole delinquency in their filing with the SEC problem, there is the whole postponing paydays thing. Aaron was supposed to get his last commission check yesterday and found out that they postponed them for another week because they still needed to "line up the quartiles" (whatever that means?) So how do we pay our rent and bills that are due on October 1st? How can they do that to families? I am so glad that Aaron got out of there. Good riddance.

So now the happy ending. Aaron now works for the State of Texas. Even though they won't pay for insurance until he has worked 90 days and that is causing us a lot of stress due to my pregnancy; no week-ends! Aaron, Claire, and I can finally have Saturdays and Sundays together! Once we can get back on our feet from the move we may actually be able to go on a week-end trip! Today we went for a walk on one of those seemingly perfect trails and then had a nice lazy, college football watching Saturday. Tomorrow we can spend Sunday chasing Claire up and down the isles of the chapel together!

1 comment:

Keeping up with the Bonacci's said...

A big happy SMILE for you guys! Week-ends together are the best and I so glad you guys FINALLY get to enjoy them how they should be spent. Yeah!!!!

The Philliies lost yesterday so I missed the GRS broadcast for nothing. I'm gonna go read the talks...Love yoU!