Sunday, September 21, 2008

Outside


Things have cooled down a bit and we've finally been able to turn off the air conditioning and open some windows. I thought it would be nice to get out and get some exercise. I took the kids walking the other day and finally remembered to bring the camera. This trail is my favorite because of all the trees and the shade that they provide from the hot Texas sun.



For some reason, Claire loves to play with wood chips. Loves putting them on things - the slide and the swings especially. No amount of chiding will sway her. She is very determined that all the playground equipment must have wood chips.




Noel was happy to nap in the stoller.




Claire and I decided that it would be fun to play "telephone".


Me: Brring... Brrriing!


Claire: Hello?


Me: Hello? Is this the pizza man?


Claire: No, it's Claire!


Me: Oh, Claire! How are you?


Claire: I'm two!




5 comments:

The Richardson Clan said...

What is it with wood chips? Xavier's obsessed with them too, but mainly with putting as many in his mouth as possible and having me chase him to get them out.
That trail looks awesome for walking.

Aubreydoll said...

What a cute conversation!!

Dawn said...

So Cute! Where again do u live in Texas? We might be moving there in June for Keith's fellowship at Baylor (Dallas). Maybe you could tell us where good places to live are. Have you heard anything about the schools?

Sarah said...

Dawn, We live near Austin. We don't know a thing about the Dallas area other than it's really big. We may be moving to Denton (north of Ft. Worth) this coming Spring at Northern Texas U. It would be so cool to see you guys again. Texas schools are supposed to be really good. Here, the kids go to school for really long hours and only have one recess. I don't think that is the best approach, especially for little kindergartners who go all day here too.

Keeping up with the Bonacci's said...

Wood chips, I know! I just love to put them everywhere, on my porch, in my dogs bowl, i even stuff my couch pillows with them! Everything looks better with wood chips! If your living room is looking a little sparce, WOOD CHIPS! The answer to every decorating question.