Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Won Something!!??

The other day I got an e-mail from a radio station that I like to listen to. I signed up to be on their survey list so I can rate songs every once in a while for them. It's fun. For those of you who know me well know how much I love music and how Aaron and I kind of were brought together by it. So, they were doing this contest called "Cool Brittania" , where the grand prize is a trip to see Coldplay in London. They are playing a ton of songs by Brit artists and you get more chances to win by listening and telling them the what song by whom was played at what time, etc... They have lesser prizes too for trips to see other Brit artists. So I signed up - never happen that I would win right? I never even did the extra dealy thing like listen and e-mail them a song title...

So, I won a trip to Chicago to see James Hunter. Three nights hotel accommodations, airfare, and the concert tickets!

Is this legit? Could this be real? So I called KGSR directly and they put me through to the program director who informed me that indeed I had won the trip and that it was legit. So I told her that I would talk it over with my husband and we would decide. So what do you think? Should we go? We can take Noel with us because he's under 2 and would fly free, but we'd have to pay to have Claire along and that could be expensive. We've never heard of this guy, James Hunter before, but he seems pretty cool. The kids obviously couldn't go to the concert so what would we do with the kids for the show? On the other hand who cares if we don't get to go to the show its a free trip to Chicago and we could go to Shedd's Aquarium, I have never gone even though I've been to Chicago lots o' times. But food, expenses, TAXES, yes taxes on the prize - who knows what they would be... I don't know if we can afford it. I said yes but now I'm having second thoughts. Any advice?

6 comments:

Stephanie T said...

Oh my gosh!!! You totally have to go. I don't who that guy is either. But hellp a free trip. If you need a babysitter I'll watch your kids. You totally should go.

Kristi said...

I agree, you have to go and you can't take your kids. I mean, I guess you can take Noel if he's still nursing and stuff, but we can take Claire. You have to go, no questions asked.

Hope said...

You should totally go! We are actually not all that far from Chicago (three hours) If you need a babysitter at the hotel we might be able to help you out.

Nice Win!!

chelon:) said...

uh....ya...GO!!!! you will have a great time...and i say, take up your friends and leave the kids...both of them!!

have a great time :)

Just a girl said...

How cool! You should totally go :)

Keeping up with the Bonacci's said...

YOu should go!!! Don't worry just go and have some well deserved F-U-N!! How often to you get to win something as cool as a trip to the Windy city! YOu can even go see Oprah!GO!

Leave Clair, take Noel, Hope and Kurt can babysit! When is the last time you saw those guys anyway!