See? The first two weeks of May are busy for us! We have had a lot of fun. It's so nice to have a special occasion to celebrate and a good excuse to find a babysitter. Since we've had kids, we've been super poor - a product of always being in school or in a bad job. Anyway, paying for a babysitter is a big deal for us. We are glad to have met some good friends who have exchanged services with us! But Sometimes it's nice to be able to go on a date without the obligation to babysit in return.
Last night we found a nice girl to come over and watch the kids and we went to the temple to do sealings. (For those of you unfamiliar with some of these terms, I'd be happy to explain anytime, just let me know.) It was an experience we haven't had together since our wedding and it was really special. The Mesa temple is so big, and busy, and isn't that just wonderful!? I kind of felt like we were kind of shirking our duty a little bit by not attending an endowment session, but we just went down to the sealing office and they got us right in. I guess on a Friday night it's expected that people will want to "reinact" their wedding and be reminded of the blessings associated with a temple marriage. They keep the sealing office prepared for people like us (and for people who want to actually get married too or be sealed, of course) and there were two other couples with us that wanted to participate also. It was a relaxed, warm, peaceful, and lovely experience, looking at each other while kneeling across from each other and hearing the same words we heard the evening we were married six years ago.
After wards, we went out to eat and we got to talking about the last 6 years and if we had a favorite year over another. We both agreed that the Texas years were definitely the hardest. Aaron especially disliked them. But we went through Claire's toddler years there, Noel was born there, and we learned some good lessons. We missed Lansing and our friends and taking that econ class at MSU together when I was morning sick while pregnant with Claire. We lived in an old 700 sq. feet apartment with no amenities, with a nosy landlord, and we never thought that we would miss it, but we do.
Our sixth year was so fun, we both have enjoyed the move to Arizona - well the actual move itself was horrible, but once we got here and settled, things have been great. We are excited for the new opportunities and possibilities ahead for our family. I am so glad that we have each other to go through all that is coming. I love my husband and I'm so glad that I said yes!

5 comments:
We've felt a little roughed-up by Texas too. Glad you are happy in Arizona. Happy Anniversary...May is such a beautiful month to get married. Ours is coming up on the 17th. What a sweet way to celebrate! Miss you...I've been walking the trail by myself :(
Happy Anniversary! You guys are a cute couple!
Isn't it awesome that whether you are in a good place or a bad place, a good job or a bad job, you will always have the person you love beside you? Congratulations!
P.S. I LOVE that picture! Love it! You look gorgeous!
you do look great BTW!
Post a Comment